We are currently accepting applications for a software developer to serve as a Senior OVS Consultant.
Description – The OVS Senior consultant is part of our customer support and project team working with One Virtual Source, our proprietary production-engineering focused software. This position is responsible for the technical execution of projects.
Reporting to the: VP, Operations
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between data sources and specialized industrial applications.
- Coding upstream-based workflows to automate processes in drilling, production, reservoir, and facilities.
- Overseeing the collection and documentation of user’s requirements
- Participating in upfront technical design sessions and pre-project estimations of effort
- Managing customer engagement teams to implement, test, and support the OVS application in accordance with agile principles
- Designing, developing, and unit testing implementations in accordance with established standards.
- Development of test scripts, documentation, and stress testing.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Supporting installation, deployment, and long-term project maintenance.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Special projects, as needed
Minimum Skills & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Strong desire to learn Oil & Gas Core Competencies, especially in Digital Oilfield
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with basic data management concepts and data handling issues surrounding variable data frequencies across broad subjects.
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL and Oracle
Preferred Competency Requirements
- 5+ years Digital Oilfield experience
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies and languages, specifically VB.Net & C#
- Working knowledge of Python, and R languages
- Working knowledge with js libraries such as Highcharts andKendo UI
- Working knowledge with upstream oil and gas applications and data types including such applications as:
- Avocet, OFM, PIPESIM
- PROSPER, MBAL, GAP, OpenServer
- Aries, OpenWells, OpenWorks, TOWcs
- Energy Components
- ProCount, eVIN, Carte
- Working knowledge with agile development and DevOps methodologies
- Working knowledge with TAG-based databases like OSI PI
To apply, send your resume to HR@ovsgroup.com