Integration lets you see what you’ve been missing.
It is important to get all the information before you decide what to do. As E&P capex continues to rise, and the pace of drilling and production increases, Oil and Gas Operators are pushing harder than ever to achieve maximum performance from their assets.
When data and applications are truly integrated — a fundamental capability of One Virtual Source — barriers are broken down allowing critical information to flow freely throughout an organization. The implications and consequences of alarms and warnings that happen in other areas of the business are available to everyone in relevant time. Users no longer spend most of their time looking for information. Teamwork and collaboration become routine and all of the information, models and tools in an organization can be put to work whenever they are needed.
Missing Information Creates Operational Blind Spots.
Blind spots are issues you can’t see or predict because your information systems lack transparency. Managers often are forced to make decisions with flawed or incomplete information created by blind spots, and more importantly, often don’t know that this is the case. As the volume of information grows, it becomes impossible for an individual to understand the relationships between all of the dependent and independent variables. People simply cannot handle this load. Computers, however, can easily process this kind of information.
The best way of avoiding operational blind spots is to leverage systems and foster a culture that promotes the free flow of operational information from the lowest to the highest levels within an organization. Below are some of the information issues affecting production operations that must be handled in order to meet E&P expectations:
- Increasing amounts of information
- Multiple sources of information and information ownership
- Operational complexity and integration of information across boundaries
- Increasing time-criticality of information
- Poor processes
- Conflicting priorities for information use
The more of these issues that go unaddressed, the more blind spots you encounter.
OVS Group solutions dramatically improve your business agility, reduce operational risk, free valuable professional time, and increase your probability of success. For nearly a decade, OVS Group has been delivering practical, timely solutions and helping operators to address their critical operational issues.
One Virtual Source
- Integrates operational information and applications
- Automates workflows and reporting
- Aligns information granularity with organizational roles and responsibilities
- Captures and retains best practices
- Identifies critical issues for immediate action
- Expands resource capabilities by freeing staff time for high value tasks such as analysis and decision making