OVS Group continues to grow! We are currently accepting applications for a software developer to serve as a Junior OVS Consultant.
The OVS consultant is part of our customer support and project team working with One Virtual Source, our proprietary production-engineering focused software . This position is involved in all areas of implementation, customer support, development, and testing.
Reporting to: VP, Operations
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with our customer engagement teams to implement, test, and support the OVS application in accordance with agile principles.
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between data sources and specialized industrial applications.
- Coding upstream-based workflows to automate processes in drilling, production, reservoir, and facilities.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements.
- Participating in upfront technical design sessions and pre-project estimations of effort.
- Designing, developing, and unit testing implementations in accordance with established standards.
- Development of test scripts, documentation, and stress testing.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Support installation, deployment, and long-term project maintenance
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Special projects, as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Strong desire to learn Core Competency Requirements in Oil & Gas, specifically Digital OilField
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with basic data management concepts and data handling issues surrounding variable data frequencies across broad subjects.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL and Oracle
- 1-3 min years’ experience
Preferred Competency Requirements
- Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using Net& C#
- Exposure to js libraries such as Highcharts andKendoUI
- Exposure to upstream oil and gas applications and data types
- Familiarity with agile development and DevOps methodologies
- Familiarity with TAG based databases, such as OSI PI
To apply, send your resume to HR@ovsgroup.com